Classified ads for the VHWSG are published on the website only. They are for selling, giving away, requesting, or trading personal items, but not commercial sales, that are fibre-related. Ads are free for both guild members and non-members.
Paid commercial ads for the VHWSG are published in the monthly newsletter only. They are for the regular sale of fibre-related products or equipment, whether they are sold by a company or an individual. Paid ads are $25 per year for a monthly display ad in the newsletter and $5 per ad for one-time ads. To submit a paid commercial ad, fill out the VHWSG-advertising-agreement-v4-2017 and send it with payment to the address on the form. Then send your ad copy by email to the newsletter director.
There is no deadline for submitting classified ads. Each ad will be posted within 5 business days of being received.
Please submit classified ad requests by email. Include make and model, size, condition, price and contact information (email and/or phone number). Please also include your location if you are outside the Victoria, BC area.
Note: The Classified Ads webpage is accessible to non-members of the guild. Be sure that your contact information is something that you are comfortable sharing publicly. Please be sure that the people responding to your ads are legitimate buyers – spammers are not welcome as buyers or sellers.
Each ad runs for two months unless you request it to run longer. Please send an email when the item sells so that the ad can be removed – include the date and number code that appears above the ad.
June 12, 2017 – 0604
Small Loom Weaving Kit
– Pair of Leclerc flatback hand carders made of Maple in Quebec (1978).
Paddle size: W= 8-3/4” x D = 3-3/4”. Handle: 6-3/4”. Wires embedded in a 1/8 thick board. Gauge: 72 points. Excellent condition.
– 11” handmade spindle
– 8” x ½” wood shuttle/weaving needle
– Wood comb with metal forks
Contact: Denise Morazé at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-661-2834.
June 2, 2017 – 0601
I have Zephyr (wool/silk blend) yarn.
I need some of it overspun to make 2 collapsible weave scarves.
My estimate so far is approx. 1700 yds overspun per scarf.
I would like to start the warp in July after the ANWG conference.
Are you willing to spin the yarn for me?
Please contact: Caroline, phone : 250-383-0636,
May 31, 2017 – 0506
I have a small hobby farm in Metchosin, with three alpacas and one pet sheep. I have a large amount of brown with with white flecks rovings (alpaca 70% wool 30%) for sale. This was processed by Saltspring Wool Mill, and was probably some of the last work they did as they have sold their machines. No chemicals, except soap, and no dyes used.
I need help to use my alpaca rovings! I am happy to donate some to the Guild or individuals for test samples of yarn or felt or what have you. Please call Sandy at 250-478-5334 or email Sandyemail@example.com
May 31, 2017 – 0505
Dennis is divesting his home of the weaving supplies amassed by his beloved wife, Audrey Phillips before her passing. A garage-type sale will be held:
June 10th and 11th
9:00 am to approx. 3:00 pm
at 680 Strandlund Ave.
There is street parking, but you might like to think about carpooling.
Here is the list: Dennis-Garage-Sale.
The prices are firm as Dennis will donate the funds to the Chemo centre and the Cancer Society.
May 27, 2017 – 0504
If anyone is interested in taking Rebecca Mezoff’s Tapestry workshop at the ANWG Conference on Saturday July 1, and you missed registration, please call or email me. I also have the small tapestry loom she recommends. Contact Prairie at 250-381-7091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apr 29, 2017 – 0403
– Rovings of 100% Merino, Polwarth /kid mohair (some with cultivated silk)
– Assorted handspun yarns (various blends)
– Millspun yarns
– Lots of smaller amounts of handspun/millspun, perfect for projects that call for multiple yarns
See Spinners_knitters_weavers for details and prices.
Qualicum Beach, BC
250-240-2031 (leave a message if I don’t answer)
Apr 18, 2017 – 0402
To give away:
Rigid heddle loom, approx. 20″ wide.
hand bobbin winder
4 harness loom (in pieces)
All items belonged to our mother, who would want them to go to someone who will love and use them.
Please contact Mark Finnis at email@example.com
Jan 30, 2017 – 0103
– Yarns on cones and in skeins
– Fibres to spin as follows:
– – Combed New Zealand Cross breed 600 grams
– – Wool Top (Louet)
– – NZ Corriedale 250 grams, colour Burgundy
– Reed in varying sizes
Books on Weaving
– All books are like new. View the book list: k-wilcock-weaving-books-apr-2017
For other information, please contact
Kathryn Wilcock at 250-655-6585 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan 15, 2017 – 0101
Weaving supplies for sale:
Spinning Wheel, comes with 2 flyers – A standard double flyer (has two whorls) for very fine yarn to medium yarns and a big country flyer for thick to very thick yarn. Also comes with two bobbins & a threading hook finished that match the wheel. In excellent condition, only used a few times. Has a 21″ wheel, lovely grain in the wood. This wheel looks like a lovely piece of furniture rather than just utilitarian. Asking $350 OBO
Medium Size Warping Board – about 12 yards, dimensions of the frame are 37.5 x 20.75″, has metal pegs, frame is tight, nothing is loose or bent. (New board 22 x 40″, with wood pegs is $118 + tax + S&H) Asking $45
10 Boxes of Weaving and Knitting Yarns – $25 to $60 each or $300 for all 10 boxes
– 1 box natural wool, mostly 2 ply $50
– 1 box natural, mostly specialty yarns & some samples, mohair, bouclés, hand spun, 2 ply, etc. $70
– 1 box whites, mostly specialty yarns, mohair, bouclés, 2 ply & 1 ply $60
– 2 boxes blues, wide variety of yards, wool, acrylic, mohairs, 2 ply, single ply hand spun, 1 large spool of fine natural color wool $60 each
– 1 box greys & deep greens, mostly all wools, 2 ply, hand spun single ply, variegated mohair $25
– 2 boxes rusts & oranges, wide variety of yarns, mostly 2 ply, some bouclés and variegated mohair $40 each
– 1 box browns, variety of mostly wools, 2 ply, hand spun single ply $25
– 1 box yellows, variety of wools, cotton, acrylic & chenille $30
For more information (photos available) email email@example.com.