Classified ads for the VHWSG are published on the website only. They are for selling, giving away, requesting, or trading personal items, but not commercial sales, that are fibre-related. Ads are free for both guild members and non-members.
- Paid commercial ads for the VHWSG are published in the monthly newsletter only. They are for the regular sale of fibre-related products or equipment, whether they are sold by a company or an individual. Paid ads are e25 per year for a monthly display ad in the newsletter and $5 per ad for one-time ads. To submit a paid commercial ad, fill out the VHWSG-advertising-agreement-v4-2017 and send it with payment to the address on the form. Then send your ad copy by email to the webmaster.
There is no deadline for submitting classified ads. Each ad will be posted within 5 business days of being received.
Please submit classified ad requests by email. Include make and model, size, condition, price and contact information (email and/or phone number). Please also include your location if you are outside the Victoria, BC area.
Note: The Classified Ads webpage is accessible to non-members of the guild. Be sure that your contact information is something that you are comfortable sharing publicly. Please be sure that the people responding to your ads are legitimate buyers – spammers are not welcome as buyers or sellers.
Each ad runs for three months unless you request it to run longer. Please send an email when the item sells so that the ad can be removed – include the date and number code that appears above the ad.
Leclerc Nilus Loom – width 36”
In Victoria: used,
Asking $1,000.00 or best offer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-588-5907
February 22, 2021 (1098)
Spring Loom + Accessories for sale $4,500
Spring loom, owned by Silk Weaving Studio production weaver. This 90cm/36” loom is an older girl, but has had only 2 owners. She’s worked hard, and has been lovingly cared for. She’s an “Bells and Whistles” manual loom, featuring 12 harnesses, 14 treadles, and a second back beam. For the breadth of things she can do, she’s compact and won’t demand too much space. Her back folds up a bit when she’s not in use (which won’t be often if she gets her way). She’ll be happiest with a serious weaver who will put her through her paces. She likes to work hard, and won’t disappoint you.
Additional photos available upon request. mailto:email@example.com
- 90cm 12-Harness Spring loom (14 treadles)
- Glimakra weaving bench
- Louet Spring 2nd back beam
- LED light over work area
- Loads of heddles (on loom + extras)
- Extra texsolv
- Lots of texsolv cut to tie-up lengths (short and long)
- Lease sticks (2 sets)
- Leclerc shuttles (2)
- Owner’s Manual, documentation
- Reeds: 4dpi, 8dpi (stainless steel), 10dpi (stainless steel), 12dpi, 15dpi, 20dpi (the 20dpi has a bit of rust; the others are in great shape)
- Threading hooks (3)
- Paper for warp-winding
- Extra set of beater side supports
February 16, 2021 (1097)
I am a retired production hand weaver who is closing her studio. I have two 60″ AVL production dobby looms that I am looking to sell. As I am trying to free up space in my studio I am motivated to sell and am offering both of the looms, and all of the associated equipment, for bargain prices. If you are interested in increasing your weaving capabilities or even the possibility of creating an income stream from your weaving, this represents an incredible opportunity to do so. I was a production weaver for over 20 years and have woven thousands of yards of fabric for high end upholstery and fashion. They are truly solid, reliable, well-built workhorses. They are ready to go as is.
The first loom is a 60″, 16-harness. I have been the only owner/ weaver on this loom. The first photo is an old picture of this loom (it’s currently disassembled and stored). This loom has:
• an overhead, double-box beater
• overhead single box beater
• one-yard sectional beam
• mechanical dobby
• Poly heddles
• Dobby bars
• Dressing race
• Reeds (5 dent to 18 dent)
• Extra production equipment: shuttles, selvage rollers, bobbins, books
Asking price for all of this, only $1,200 (My husband is a woodworker and he says the raw wood is worth more than this!)
The second loom is a 60″, twenty-harness loom. The second photo is a photo of this loom. This loom comes with:
• Floor-based, single-box beater
• A one-yard sectional beam
• A half-yard sectional beam
• Mechanical Dobby
• Poly Heddles
• Dressing track
• Dobby bars
• Reeds (5 dent to 18 dent)
• Extra production equipment: shuttles, bobbins, books, tension box
Asking price for all of this, only $950.
Asking price for both, $2,000.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and/or you want more details.
February 10, 2021 (1095)
Ashford Traveller Single drive Spinning wheel
Vintage, designed AND made in New Zealand. The wood has been conditioned, and the con rod, drive belt, brake band and springs are all brand new. Essentially a new machine! Comes with four regular bobbins, a Jumbo Flyer unit (~$130), a spare spring, drive belt, con rod, screw eyes and a brand new bottle of spinning wheel oil, as well as the instructions and assembly information included with the wheel. Valued over $1000.
Please email vemLstevens@gmail.com to arrange viewing / to arrange for pickup or delivery (free within Victoria proper).
February 8, 2021 (1094)
Gently used ashford traditional wheel for sale, in great condition, not used for years but kept covered, clean and dry. Bought in 1986, used for a few years. Flys true and no damage. Includes homemade lazy kate and repair kit.
Contact: Kathleen Trayner at 250-858-3124 or email@example.com