Please contact us if you wish to have a link on this page.
Fibre Events See our Calendar!
Weaving/Spinning/Felting Fibre/Yarn/Supply Sources
[May 2020 — All of the following are local (Victoria and area) businesses that are either open or offering online/phone shopping. Please support them in this time of Covid19 isolation! And afterwards, of course!
If you know of another Canadian source for weaving/spinning/felting fibre and yarn PLEASE send an email messsage to email@example.com and we will add it to our list.]
- Maiwa Supply – maiwa.com
- Information on Natural Dyes
- Knotty by Nature – www.kbnfibres.ca
- Jane Stafford Textiles – janestaffordtextiles.com
- North by Knitwest (now closed) – www.facebook.com/northxknitwest/
- Inca Dinca Doo Fibery and Farm (now closed) – incadincado.ca
- BeeHive Wool Shop – www.beehivewoolshop.com
- Chaotic Fibres – chaoticfibres.com
- Subculture Yarn – subcultureyarn.com/
- Jill’s Fibres – jillsfibres.ca
- Honeysuckle Fibre Studio – www.facebook.com/honeysucklefibrestudio/
- Sooke Yarn & Fibre – www.sookeyarnandfibre.com/
- Gala Fabrics – www.galafabrics.com
- The Makehouse – themakehouse.ca
- Sawyer Sewing Centre – www.sawyersewing.com
- In Sheep’s Clothing – www.insheepsclothing.ca
- The Small Bird Workshop – smallbirdworkshop.com
- Birkeland Bros. Wool (Abbotsford) – stores.birkelandwool.com
- Sweet Georgia Yarns (Vancouver) – sweetgeorgiayarns.com
- Penelope Fibre Arts (Surrey) – www.penelopefibrearts.com
- Sanjo Silk (Vancouver) – sanjosilk.com
And across Canada:
- Loom Lust (Hanford Brook, New Brunswick) – www.loomlust.com
- Brassard et fils (Plessisville, Quebec) – www.mbrassard.com
- Tisse et File (Mercier, Quebec) – www.tisseetfile.com
- Camilla Valley Farms (Orangeville, Ontario) – www.camillavalleyfarm.com
- True North Yarn Company (Barrie, Ontarion – truenorthyarn.com
There are many other international suppliers but we do not have the resources to keep up such a list. Check out Handwoven, Spin Off, Vav magazines (available through the public library or the Guild Library) which all have advertisements for many of these businesses. Or, of course, “google it”!
Source list: The link below takes you to a list has been compiled from fibre producers near Victoria, BC., who are interested in selling their fibre. We have not seen the fibres; buyers do your due diligence.
The list will be updated as new sources are identified.
Do you know of other sources we should be listing? Please! get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, check out our private Facebook Group for last minute sales announcements.
Fibre Guilds and Associations
- Vancouver Island Fibreshed
- Advocacy for Canadian Wool
- Deep Cove Weavers and Spinners
- Greater Vancouver Weavers and Spinners Guild
- Guild of Canadian Weavers
- Saltspring Island Weavers and Spinners Guild
- Qualicum Weavers and Spinners
- Midnight Shuttles – Campbell River
- Sunshine Coast Weavers and Spinners Guild
- Tzouhalem Spinners and Weavers Guild (Duncan, BC)
- Chilliwack Spinners and Weavers Guild
- Northern Fibres Guild (Whitehorse, Yukon)
- Ponderosa Spinners, Weavers and Fibre Artists Guild (Kelowna, BC)
- Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria (Australia)
- Handweavers Guild of America
- Complex Weavers
- Association of Northwest Weavers Guilds (ANWG)
- American Tapestry Alliance
Newsletter from other guilds can be found on the password protected Newsletter Archive. These are available to current members of the guild only. You will find the password in the email message every time you receive a newsletter.
- Handwoven – handwovenmagazine.com
- Spinoff – spinoffmagazine.com
- Ply – plymagazine.com
- VAV – en.xn--vvmagasinet-l8a.se
- Heddlecraft – www.heddlecraft.com
- Digits & Threads – www.digitsandthreads.ca/
Digital Threads (online Canadian Fibre related Magazine) has published a Canada-wide holiday shopping guide that can be downloaded from their website (after joining their mailing list or taking out a free membership)