The Victoria Handweavers’ and Spinners’ Guild publishes a monthly newsletter nine times a year which is only made available to guild members. The newsletter keeps members up-to-date with guild activities and upcoming events. The newsletter is published electronically and distributed by email to all guild members. Copies of the past three years of newsletters are archived on our website – Newsletter Archive – under password protection. (Members receive the password.)
The newsletter is published the second week of the month from September to November and January to June. The Guild does not publish newsletters in December, July or August. Contributions (e.g. articles, events, photos, links of interest) are welcome and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the first week of each month for inclusion in that month’s newsletter.
Advertising in the Guild Newsletter
Businesses and individuals may purchase space in the Guild newsletter to advertise a fibre-related business and/or fibre-related products and equipment (also see Note below).
- To purchase ad space in the newsletter, please download and complete the VHWSG Advertising Agreement.
- Submit the scanned form along with a copy of your ad in .jpg or .png format to the Newsletter Editor at email@example.com
- The last week of the month is the deadline for ads to appear in the next month’s issue. We do not publish in December, July or August.
- Depending on the space available, your ad may be reduced to ¼ page – 11 cm x 14 cm (4.25” x5.5”). Please ensure your ad is readable at this scale.
- Ads cost $5.00 per month or $25 per year (9 issues).
We accept both e-transfers and cheques.
Please send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org putting your name and “Newsletter Ad” in the memo line.
If you prefer to mail the form and/or your payment, contact the Editor by email for the postal address.
Classified ads for one time sales of new or used equipment and fibre or for fibre-related services (for example: requests for spinning or carding, etc.) may be posted free on the Guild website – Classifieds.