Membership in the Victoria Handweavers’ and Spinners’ Guild is open to anyone with an interest in spinning, weaving and related fibre arts. New members are very welcome. We meet monthly, except July, August and December. At this time, we are meeting via Zoom, however the May 2022 meeting will be in-person again.
An annual guild membership grants you access to:
- monthly general meetings with guest speakers and Show & Tell. [These meetings will continue using the Guild’s Zoom meeting room until the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted and we are able to access a physical meeting space.]
- a monthly email newsletter highlighting Guild activities and access to past newsletters in the Newsletter Archive. (Newsletters are delivered by email to all guild members. Remember to check your “junk” mail folder if the Guild Newsletter does not arrive in your email inbox. The password to access the Newsletter Archive is sent to members monthly in the email to which the newsletter is attached.)
- all books, periodicals, and reference material in the Guild Library.
- rental of Guild equipment.
- workshops and demonstrations of spinning, weaving, and other fibre arts.
- special interest groups such as basketry, felting, knitting, etc.
- scholarships which are awarded to eligible applicants.
- Guild sales events where you may sell your finished work, when they occur. (Until the pandemic and related health restrictions are lifted there are no planned dates for any sales.)
- a welcoming, talented, creative and enthusiastic fibre community!
How to join the Guild or renew your membership:
A) Use the online Membership Form (you can pay by e-transfer or cheque … details are on the form).
4 TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP:
Active members have all rights and privileges and can vote. The membership fee is $40.00.
Open to residents outside the Greater Victoria area. These members receive newsletters and may attend all general meetings, but cannot vote. They have access to the library, but cannot borrow any books. They may attend all Guild workshops (upon payment of the regular workshop fees) provided they do not displace an active member, and may rent Guild equipment for use in workshops. The membership fee is $20.00.
Open to all students aged 12 to 18 years inclusive. These members receive newsletters and may attend all general meetings, but cannot vote. They have access to the library, but cannot borrow any books. They may attend all Guild workshops (upon payment of the regular workshop fees) provided they do not displace an active member, and may rent Guild equipment for use in guild workshops. The membership fee is $20.00.
HONORARY LIFE MEMBER
These members have all the privileges of the Active Member category, but do not pay annual dues. Honorary Life Members are appointed by the Executive in recognition of exemplary service to the Guild.