An annual guild membership grants you access to:
- monthly general meetings with guest speakers and Show & Tell. [These meetings will continue using the Guild’s Zoom meeting room until the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted and we are able to access a physical meeting space.]
- monthly emailed newsletter highlighting Guild activities & access to past newsletters in the Newsletter Archive. (Newsletters are delivered by email to all guild members. Remember to check your “junk” mail folder if the Guild Newsletter does not arrive in your email inbox. The password to access this area can be found in the email version of the newsletter.)
- access to all books, periodicals, DVD’s and reference material in the Guild Library.
- access to Guild Equipment.
- workshops and demonstrations of spinning, weaving, and other fibre arts.
- smaller group work for specific interests such as basketry, felting, knitting, etc.
- scholarships awarded to eligible applicants.
- discounts at local fibre stores.
- a welcoming, talented, creative and enthusiastic fibre community!
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in spinning, weaving and related fibre arts, and new members are very welcome. We meet monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm in the downstairs hall at St. Aidan’s Church, 3703 St. Aidan’s Street, Victoria, off Cedar Hill X Rd. We suspend meetings in the summer months of July and August and hold a December potluck instead of business meeting.
4 TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP:
Active members have all rights and privileges and can vote. The fee is $40.00.
Open to residents outside the Greater Victoria area. These members receive newsletters and may attend all general meetings, but cannot vote. They have access to the library, but cannot borrow any books. They may attend all Guild workshops (upon payment of the regular workshop fees) provided they do not displace an active member, and may rent Guild equipment for use in workshops. The fee is $20.00.
Open to all students aged 12 to 18 years inclusive. These members receive newsletters and may attend all general meetings, but cannot vote. They have access to the library, but cannot borrow any books. They may attend all Guild workshops (upon payment of the regular workshop fees) provided they do not displace an active member, and may rent Guild equipmenfor use in guild workshops. The fee is $20.00.
HONORARY LIFE MEMBER
These members have all the privileges of the Active Member category, but do not pay annual dues. Honorary Life Members are appointed by the Executive in recognition of exemplary service to the Guild.